Out of respect to existing inspectors, HIABC has an easy-to-access Equivalency Program to recognize industry experience no matter if you have been a member of another association, transferred from another province, or are otherwise a licensed inspector in BC.

If you are currently a member of another home inspection association (including changing provinces) and hold a professional designation such as CHI or RHI, you may be eligible for an Equivalency upgrade to a full Accredited Home Inspector (AHI) membership. Contact the HIABC office to request more information on your equivalency.

If you do not hold another association designation but have a valid BC Home Inspection license (or are eligible such as with a province transfer) and would like to be a member of HIABC, contact the HIABC office to request equivalency.