A professional home inspection by a qualified home inspector is a home buyers BEST protection from unexpected home expenses when buying a new home, however, it is not intended to catch every deficiency a home may have.
Home Inspections have limitations such as:
- Time Limitations (an inspection lasts hours, not days)
- Non-Invasive (inspectors can’t put holes in walls)
- Visual Inspection (inspectors can’t see through walls)
- Occupant Belongings (inspectors cannot move belongings)
- Damage Avoidance (inspectors cannot cause damage when inspecting)
- Inspector Safety (inspector safety cannot be compromised)
The Home Inspectors Association BC (HIABC) provides free services to members to assist in handling client complaints to help avoid negative reviews, bad word of mouth, or potential legal claims.