A professional home inspection by a qualified home inspector is a home buyers BEST protection from unexpected home expenses when buying a new home, however, it is not intended to catch every deficiency a home may have.
Home Inspections have limitations such as:
- Time Limitations (an inspection lasts hours, not days)
- Non-Invasive (inspectors can’t put holes in walls)
- Visual Inspection (inspectors can’t see through walls)
- Occupant Belongings (inspectors cannot move belongings)
- Damage Avoidance (inspectors cannot cause damage when inspecting)
- Inspector Safety (inspector safety cannot be compromised)
The Home Inspectors Association BC (HIABC) provides free services to members to assist in handling client complaints and potential claims.