HIABC is committed to providing continuing education for its members to keep up with changes in building practices, provincial licensing requirements and to ensure that our members continue to provide professional quality services to their clients.
The Home Inspectors Association requires every member to show proof of 20 continued educational credits annually to maintain membership in good standing. HIABC provides 4 training sessions per year, bringing in experts to enrich the practice of our members and raise the professionalism and community within our industry.
- 1-Day seminars providing continuing education for membership on current industry topics and General Meeting.
- Annual Conference – 3-Day Conference featuring training sessions, exhibitors, banquet, casino night, entertainment, golf tournament, Annual General Meeting, and numerous social opportunities to swap stores with fellow inspectors.
- Special Events – Major trade shows such as the BC Home & Garden Show or other special events are great opportunities for HIABC members to meet people and network within their community while sharing information with the public.
Upcoming events and dates:
Re: Cancellation of HIABC 2020 Conference & AGM due to COVID-19
After careful consideration and attention to the recommendations of the BC Centre for Disease Control and the Government of Canada regarding travel and large group gatherings, the Board of Directors has taken the difficult step of unanimouslyapproving a motion to cancel our April 17-19, 2020 Conference and AGM in Kelowna. We must always be prepared to err on the side of caution in avoiding any possible risks that might affect your health and safety. We want to thank our Sponsors, Exhibitors, Presenters and Members who have shown their support of HIABC by signing up to attend our conference next month. Refunds will be given promptly for any payments already processed.
We will keep you informed as to our next steps which will now include an online Election for the 2020-2021 HIABC Board of Directors and a replacement of the September 12, 2020 General Meeting in Richmond with our Annual GeneralMeeting.
Helene Barton, Executive Director
- Worksafe BC
- Roofing Contractors Assoc BC
- Constructive Solutions (Murray Frank)
- Harper Grey LLP
- Capri Insurance
- Carson Dunlop Engineering
- Health Canada
- Building Official Assoc BC
- BC Lung Association
- BC Safety Association
- Basement Systems
- Odlum Brown Limited
- ESML Canada Inc
- Safety Express Ltd
- Johnson Probe
- True Level Concrete